Article Processing Charges
Open Access publishing does have its costs. Since PAGEPress does not have subscription charges for its research content it can defray publishing costs from the Article Processing Charges (APCs), which cover all services to authors, editorial work, peer-review process, typesetting, formatting and mark-up of articles, rapid publication, different formats of publication (HTML, PDF, XML), submission to several Open Access archives, indexes and catalogs, hosting the articles permanently on dedicated servers, marketing.
Many of our journals does not requires APC, as they are fully supported by Scientific Societies and/or Universities. Please check the specific journal homepage for details.
During the submission process, the corresponding author is asked to confirm his or her awareness of the applicable APC: if confirmation is not received the submission process cannot be completed. There are no potential authors additional fees based on different editorial issues other than acceptance for publication. Authors are charged the APC upon acceptance and prior to publication. APCs will not be returned when articles are retracted as a consequence of author(s) fault or misconduct.
PAGEPress believes that the interests of the scientific community can best be served by an immediate, worldwide, unlimited, open access to the full text of research articles. Information regarding authors’ payment are not made available to editors and reviewers ensuring that they cannot be influenced in their selection of papers for publication by payment conditions or limitations.
When and how to pay
Upon editorial acceptance of an article, the corresponding author will be notified that payment is due. We advise prompt payment as we are unable to publish accepted articles until full payment has been received. Payment can be made by one of the following methods:
- PayPal/Credit cards – this is the most recommended and secure payment system. It enables you to pay without sharing your financial information and getting your payment receipt immediately. Please be informed that such payments carry an administrative charge of € 30 (tax included).
- Bank transfer - payment is due within 10 days of the manuscript receiving editorial acceptance. Bank charges to be borne by payer. We will send an invoice once payment has been processed.
Please note that our fees do not include taxes (VAT):
- Private or public ITALIAN customers (individuals, universities, hospitals, other organizations) must ALWAYS add VAT (IVA) at the current rate (4%);
- European Union private customers must add VAT at standard rate (4%);
- European Union private/public organizations (universities, hospitals, others with regular VAT number) should not add any taxes at standard rate, provided that they indicate their VAT number;
- Outside the European Union, individuals and organizations should not add any tax.
Open Access funding
Although it is ultimately the responsibility of the author(s) to arrange payment of the open access APC, authors may apply to receiving support from a growing number of research funding bodies (such as RCUK, COAF, or DFG) and institutions that are providing funding to cover the costs of researchers’ OA publications. Each institutions/funder sets its own criteria for funding approval; information about OA funding may be available on funder and institutional websites.
Terms for Discounts
Authors coming from the countries included in the “United Nations list of Least Developed Countries” are entitled to ask for a discount.
Authors should apply for discounts after receiving the acceptance letter. All applications are subject to approval by the publisher. Discounts may not be transferred to a different author or journal.